Thursday, March 25, 2010




There is this place in town that makes the best Strawberry Lemon Poppyseed cakes with whipped topping. The only thing is that they are on the expensive side and Jason can't have poppyseed, soooo I decided to make up my own. I found a whipped topping online and kinda went from there.
I made a lemon cake in two 9 in round pans.
I covered the first layer with the cool whip frosting (recipe below) and then i cut up strawberries(about 2 of those green baskets or one of those clear plastic containers you get at the store) I covered the first layer with the sliced strawberries and then i put more whipped frosting over the strawberries, then i added the second cake and covered with the frosting. I used the extra strawberries to go around the cake and a few in the center on top. It was yummy!
*Whipped Topping Frosting*
1 tub cool whip
1 package Instant vanilla pudding
1 cup milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Mix sugar, pudding mix, and milk until blended, fold in cool whip.
Spread on cake :)

You can decrease milk and increase powdered sugar for a thicker consistancy.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That sounds and looks scrumdillyumptious! I just think I will have to make that cake very soon. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Hannah said...

This does look so delicious...